Closing Date 02/03/2017
We have 2 openings for Visitor Welcome Assistants to join our team at Croft on an hourly paid, fixed term basis. Wherever possible we aim to offer a consistent working pattern but it may be necessary for us to alter this pattern from time to time to suit the needs of the business. We can guarantee you 237.5 hours and we anticipate that you'll be working these over an average of 1 - 2 days per week until October 2017 including regular weekend and bank holidays
What it's like to work hereCroft Castle is a late seventeenth-century castellated manor house with fine Georgian interiors and a family connection dating back almost 1,000 years. Set in 1,700 acres of stunning Herefordshire countryside renowned for its veteran trees and Spanish chestnut Avenue. A walk through the woods reveals the Iron Age hillfort at Croft Ambrey.
What you'll be doing
Visitors are a vital part of what we do. As a Visitor Welcome Assistant at Croft Castle it’s your role to ensure that the welcome our visitors receive as they explore the castle is exceptional.
To ensure visitors have an outstanding visit you will assist with orientation and the provision of information about the Castle and facilities, answering their questions and resolving their queries.
You will promote our events and engage with the visitors through welcoming, activities and talks to ensure they have a great experience. You will also help support our business by promoting our offers and products and explain how the income generated from these directly funds our cause.
You will work hard as part of the wider team contributing to a successful visitor experience score and will make sure our visitor facilities are presented to the highest standards.
Who we're looking for
This job is all about providing excellent customer service. We would love to hear from you if you have:
- A can do attitude with a flexible and adaptable approach
- Genuine enthusiasm for working with people
- Excellent customer service skills and relevant experience in a customer facing role
- A willingness to learn new skills and interest in developing knowledge
- Ability to work well in a team
- Good understanding of the National Trust and what we do
Looking after you
- Health cash plan – from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
Register now for further detailsClosing Date 2 march 2017
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking